Dolphin Encounter (Non-Swim)
Dolphin Encounter (Non-Swim)
Important advice to dolphin lovers:
book early… there are a lot of you out there! 1-305-556-5085
BOOK NOW LOW SEASON – $119/$159
January 3 – December 24 & January 2, 2023 onward
BOOK NOW HIGH SEASON – $129/$169
December 25 – January 1, 2023
2 Pricing and Availability
Dolphin Encounter Child Low Season Rate$119*
Dolphin Encounter Adult High Season Rate$169*
Dolphin Encounter Child High Season Rate$129*
Adult Observer (10 years +)$60*
Child Observer (3 – 9 years old)$50*
Baby Observer (0-2 years old) FREE
*Plus 7% sales tax
LOW SEASON RATE is from January 2 to December 24 and January 2, 2023 onward. HIGH SEASON RATE is from December 25 to January 1.
All Tickets are Prepaid with a Major Credit Card or Paypal
Step into the shallow waters at the Dolphin’s Harbor in Miami and into an encounter you will never forget. Touch a dolphin as it playfully approaches you in the shallow water (2 to 3 feet). Get up-close and personal in this experience of a lifetime. After your dolphin encounter, spend the rest of the day exploring the many exhibits and presentations.
More details below
The Dolphin Encounter in Miami is available 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Same day reservation are NOT advised due to space limitation. You will need to make your reservation either online or by phone at least 24 – 48 hours in advance or more.
This fun-filled shallow water (2 to 3 feet) program is a great way for young and old alike to have an unforgettable experience with a dolphin. Since there is no swimming involved, all you have to do is concentrate on the dolphins. Then you’ll wade into the water for an unforgettable shallow water experience with a dolphin. You’ll have a chance to touch, interact and play with a dolphin. You’ll even learn what its like to train a dolphin, getting up-close and personal like never before.
- A 15-30 minute educational classroom presentation prior to entering the water.
- A 30 minute shallow water (2 to 3 feet) experience including touching, interacting and playing with a dolphin. You’ll even learn what its like to train a dolphin, getting up-close and personal like never before.
- Personal photo opportunities with a dolphin.
- A lifevest and towel are provided for use during the session. Guests should bring their own bathing suits.
- Lockers, Showers, and Changing rooms available.
- Each Dolphin Encounter session is unique, based upon the guests and dolphins.
- Complimentary admission to all the shows and exhibits for the day
- All participants must be 38″/96.5cm tall.
- Children from 38″/96.5cm/3.6′ to 9 years old must have 18 year old+ participant in water with them. 1 Adult for every 6 children participant under 10 years old.
- Participants from 10 to 17 years old must be accompanied by a paying adult as an observer or participant and pay the adult price.
- Must be able to understand directions given in English or have a paid family member or friend in the water to translate.
- 28 participants maximum per session which are broken into groups of 6 – 8 persons. These smaller groups will have a trainer and a dolphin(s).
- Open 365 Days a Year
- < Reviews >
The time slots available includes a guaranteed 30 minute dolphin program, educational briefing, dolphin shows, sea lion show, & marine park tours.
- 11:30am Mid Day Session
- 11:30am – Check In at Gate, Get Park Map with Schedule of Shows and Exhibits, Explore Park, Check In for Dolphin Program, Changing Time, Educational Briefing, Dolphin Program, Looking at Professional Photos.
- 2pm – See Park Shows & Exhibits, Dolphins, Sea Lions, Manatees, Rays, Fish, Birds, Reptiles & More.
- 4pm – Leave Park
- 3 pm Afternoon Session
- 11am – Check In at Gate, Get Park Map with Schedule of Shows and Exhibits, Explore Park. See Park Shows & Exhibits, Dolphins, Sea Lions, Manatees, Rays, Fish, Birds, Reptiles & More.
- 2:45pm – Check In for Dolphin Program, Changing Time, Educational Briefing, Dolphin Program, Looking at Professional Photos.
- 5:00pm – Leave Park
The Dolphin Facility is on Key Biscayne, which is a set of Islands that extend from Downtown Miami. You will get complete written directions and map links with your ticket. < VIEW MAP LOCATION >
- Parking – All Day Paid Parking ($10)
- Free Drop Off and Pick Up Area
- Food – Air Conditioned Cafeteria and Outdoor Pizzeria Available.
- Picnic Area – You can bring your own food, No Large Coolers.
- Gift Shop with Large Selections of Items to purchase on Site.
Click this Video to see all that get with your Dolphin Swim:
The Dolphin Facility is on Key Biscayne, which is a set of Islands that extend from Downtown Miami. You will get complete written directions and mapquest links with your ticket.
- Miami Beach & South Beach – 20 to 30 minutes
- Miami Cruise Ship Port – 20 minutes
- Miami Airport – 20 minutes
- Fort Lauderdale Area – 40 minutes to 1 hour
- Boca Raton – 1 hour
- West Palm Beach – 1 1/2 to 2 hours
- Naples/Marco Island – 2 hours
- Fort Myers Beach – 2 1/2 hours
LOW SEASON RATE is from January 2 – December 24 & January 2, 2023 onward.
HIGH SEASON RATE is from December 25 to January 1.
Save Money and make your reservation online. In order to get any of these discounts, you must type the Online Discount Promotional Code in the comment box of the reservation form. After picking the amount of participants/observers, date of travel, and time of program, you will be taken to the reservation form to start your dolphin encounter. These online promotions can not be combined with any previous orders or discounts. These discounts are for online orders only and the discounts will NOT be offered or honored over the phone with a Dolphin World representative.
Dolphin World Online Promotions:
- Make your reservation online and save 2.5% off each person. CODE: miamibookingspecial
- Make your reservation more than 8 days or more in advance get 5% off each person. CODE: online5%off
Upon arrival, please proceed to check-in window, present your dolphin program confirmation number or your electronic or printed voucher, which you will receive after making your reservation.
- Confirmation number is a must for entrance.
- You do not need to have a printed voucher.
- All customers/participants are required to sign liability waivers before participating in this activity.
Terms and Conditions
Dolphin Encounter Restrictions:
- All participants must be 38 inches / 96.5cm tall.
- Children from 38 inches/96.5cm/3’6″ to 9 years old must have 18 year old+ participant in water with them. 1 Adult for every 6 children participant under 10 years old.
- Participants from 10 to 17 years old must be accompanied by a paying adult as an observer or participant.
- This program is not available to expectant mothers.
- All Participants that are going in the water must be able to understand directions given in English or provide a translator who will be in the water with them.
- You can not enter the water with any jewelry, hair beads, sunglasses or body piercing. (nose, tongue, bellybutton or any areas of the body)
Refunds / Cancellations and Changes:
- All cancellations must be received by Dolphin World / Keys Adventure Tours, Inc. in writing by email or regular mail.
- A 10% service charge will apply per person for any cancellations prior 31 days of activity date.
- A 50% service charge will apply per person for any cancellations within 30 – 15 day period prior activity date.
- A 75% service charge will apply per person for any cancellations within 14 – 8 day period prior activity date.
- Prior 8 days of your reservation date, you may change your reservation to a gift certificate, where you would not incur any penalties except the change fee. This gift certificate will be good for 1 year from the date of the certificate.
- NO REFUND OR CHANGES WILL BE GIVEN TO ANY ACTIVITY PARTICIPANTS who cancel within the 7 day period, does not show up, are late for scheduled program(s). Once a reservation has been made, a change to the scheduled program date is subject to availability. Changes can be made more than 8 days from activity date and your reservation will be subject to a $25.00 per person change fee.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE PURCHASE OF TRIP INSURANCE, which will cover your purchase 100% for any interruptions to your Dolphin World activities! We recommend TravelEx Insurance. Ask a Dolphin World Travel professional for advice on Travel Insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does your program go on Rain or Shine?
Yes, this program goes on Rain or Shine. The dolphin swim and shows, will go on most of the time. If there is thunder, there might be a delay before the program resumes again.
Do you have any wheelchairs or strollers available for the public?
Yes, there are wheelchairs and strollers available for rent from the Guest Services area at the entrance of the park on a first come, first serve basis.
Can handicapped individuals participate?
While this dolphin program does accept handicapped individuals, this program is not a Dolphin Therapy session. This program is primarily recreational. Those interested in a therapy program should consider other locations in the Florida Keys. Although accommodations for handicapped individuals can be arranged, they will not receive special treatments such as extended time or more interactions. If a handicapped individual is to participate, this circumstance will be handled on a case-by-case basis. The following questions will need to be addressed and may require prior management approval:
- Does the individual meet the height requirement?
- To what degree is the individual disabled?
- Does the individual have full control of his/her body without required assistance?
- Can the individual follow directions and understand English?
Are glasses/contacts permitted in the water?
Contact lenses can be worn. Prescription glasses with clear lenses will be permitted only if they are needed but they cannot be removed at anytime (including for pictures) during the session. We will provide a strap for glasses, which must be worn in order to keep them on securely. Glasses with dark lenses are not permitted unless the individual is sensitive to sunlight, in which case a doctor’s letter will need to be necessary.
Must I know how to swim to participate?
No. Swimming is not required. You will be standing on a platform during the session and the ride during the Dolphin session are optional. Please keep in mind that if you are not comfortable in water, it may not be an enjoyable experience. If you are not comfortable in the water we recommend you participate in our Dolphin Encounter (non-swim) program.
What does it mean to be an Observer?
An Observer is a Participant’s friend or family member. Observers participate in all aspects of the program minus the in-water interaction. During the interaction you can cheer on the Participants and take photos. The Observers stay in the stands and have no contact with the dolphins. The fee includes complimentary admission to the park, so you can see the rest of the shows and exhibits, as well. Observers under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
What should I bring?
You’ll need something to wear under the wetsuit. A bathing suit is most convenient. You can rely on us to provide the following: Showers, keyed lockers, wetsuits and booties. All jewelry must be removed prior to entering the water. No cameras or loose items will be permitted in the water (no exceptions).
What about taking photographs with the Dolphins during my session?
Yes, there are professional staff photographers taking photographs (no video, only stills) of you and your dolphin session. You can purchase these photographs after your session. Prices ranges from $75 and up, depending on how many photographs you purchase. You can not take a camera into the water with you during your dolphin session. If you do have a family or a friend come with you as an observer, they can take photographs of you during your session. Hint: If you don’t have an observer in your group, you might ask another observer from another group to take a few photographs with your camera.
How can I get to Key Biscayne, Miami?
You can take your own transportation, car, taxi, uber, or lyft. We will provide you with complete ticket with directions by email and text. You can not get lost.
Other Animal Interaction in Miami
At Dolphin World / Keys Adventure Tours we do offer other activities options while in South Florida. Please contact your Dolphin World specialist to see if any are good for you.
- SEAL ENCOUNTER – A chance to spend 20 minutes in deep and shallow water with the Seal. Miami is one of the few places you can do this. [ Learn More ]
- UNDERWATER SEA TREK – A 20 minute deepwater guided walking journey through a 300,000 gallon tropical reef. [ Learn More ]
- PENGUIN MEET & GREET – A 20 minute out of water experience including touching and training with Penguins. [ Learn More ]